Lesson 01 : Self -‐‑‒ Introduction ( Part I)

http://shankman.com/images/imguploader/images/Introduction.png
Lesson 01 : Self -‐‑‒ Introduction ( Part I)
Lesson 01: You will learn how to introduce yourself. Have fun studying with your teacher!

Step 1 ( Step 1 )

When you introduce yourself you say: Nice to meet you. (Nice to meet you.)
You can reply by saying: Nice to meet you, too. (Nice to meet you, too)

Teacher: Nice to meet you!

Teacher: Nice to meet you!
You: Nice to meet you, too! You: Nice to meet you, too!
When you want to sound even more polite you can say: Glad to meet you! (Glad to meet you!)


Step 2 ( Step 2 )

When you say your name: My name is _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲. (My name is _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲.)
When you ask about someoneʼ’s name you say: What is your name? (What is your name?)

Teacher: My name is _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲. What is your name?

Teacher: My name is _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲. What is your name?
You: My name is _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲. You: My name is  _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲.
Next, let's start from you.

You: My name is _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲. What is your name? You: My name is _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲. What is your name?

Teacher: My name is _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲. Teacher: My name is _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲.
If you want to ask about someoneʼ’s name in a more polite way you can say: Can I have your name? (Can I have your name?)


Step 3 ( Step 3 )

When you say your age: I am _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲ years old. (I am _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲ years
old.)
When you ask about someoneʼ’s age you say: How old are you? (How old are you?)

Teacher: I am _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲ years old. How old are you?

Teacher: I am _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲ years old. How old are you?
You: I am _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲ years old. You: I am _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲ years old.
Answer with these sentences to your teacherʼs questions.
1) I am _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲ years old. (I am 23 years old.) 2) I am _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲ years old. (I am 52 years old.) 3) I am _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲ years old. (I am 12 years old.)


Step 4 ( Step 4 )

When you say where you live: I live in _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲. (I live in  _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲.)
When you ask about someoneʼ’s place of residence: Where do you live now? (Where do you live now?)

Teacher: I live in _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲. Where do you live now?

Teacher: I live in _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲. Where do you live now?
You: I live in _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲. You: I live in _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲.
Answer with these sentences to your teacherʼ’s questions.

1)   I live in _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲. (I live in Rome.) 2) I live in _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲. (I live in Moscow.)

3)   I live in _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲. (I live in Barcelona.)
When you want to give more information about your place of residence, you can use province/region (province/region). For example: I live in Barcelona, in the Region of Catalonia. (I live in Barcelona, in the Region of Catalonia.)


Step 5 ( Step 5 )

When you talk about your siblings you say: I have _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲. (I have
_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲.)
When you donʼ’t have any siblings you say: I am an only child. (I am an only child.) When you ask about someoneʼ’s siblings you say: Do you have any brothers or sisters? (Do you have any brothers or sisters?)

Teacher: I have _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲. Do you have any brothers or sisters?

Teacher: I have _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲. Do you have any brothers or sisters?
You: I have _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲.You:
I have_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲
Answer with these sentences to your teacherʼ’s questions.

1)   I have _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲. (I have two younger brothers) 2)      I have _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲. (I have an older sister.)

3)   I have _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲. (I have an older brother and three younger sisters)
When you want to talk about other members of the family you can use the word cousin (cousin).


Step 6 ( Step 6 )

Introduce yourself again, using the words and expressions that you have learned in
this lesson. This is a practice of introduction, so you can pretend to be a different person. Your teacher will also act as a different person.
Ex.1) Teacher: 21 years old, living in Canada. Has an older sister and a younger brother.
You: 25 years old, living in Los Angeles. Has three older brothers.
Ex.2) Teacher: 16 years old, living in Madrid. Has two younger sisters.
You: 18 years old, living in New York. An only child.
Ex.3) Teacher: 44 years old, living in Rome. An only child.
You: 32 years old, living in Miami. Has three older brothers, two younger brothers, and a younger sister.