Lesson 02 : Self -‐‑‒ Introduction ( Part II)


Lesson 02 : Self -‐‑‒ Introduction ( Part II)

Lesson 02 : Self -‐‑‒ Introduction ( Part II)


Lesson 02: You will continue to learn how to introduce yourself. Have fun studying with your teacher!

Step 1 (Step 1 )



When you talk about your job you say: I am _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲. (I am _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲.)
When you ask about someoneʼ’s job you say: What do you do? (What do you do?)



Teacher: I am _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲. What do you do?
Teacher: I am _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲. What do you do?

You: I am _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲.
You: I am _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲.


More expressions:
ŸŸ   a university student (a university student)
ŸŸ   a businessperson (a businessperson)
ŸŸ    a part-‐‑time worker (a part-‐‑time worker)
ŸŸ   a housewife (a housewife)




Answer with these sentences to your teacherʼs questions.

1) I am _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲. (a university student)

2) I am _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲. (a  businessperson)

3) I am _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲. (a high school student)

4) I am _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲. (a housewife)

5) I am _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲. (a part-‐‑time worker)

6) I am _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲. (an English teacher)


Step 2 (Step 2 )




When you talk about your hobby you say: My hobby is _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲. (My hobby is
_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲.)
When you ask about someoneʼ’s hobby you say: What is your hobby? (What is your hobby?)



Teacher: My hobby is _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲. What is your hobby?

Teacher: My hobby is _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲. What is your hobby?

You: My hobby is _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲. You: My hobby is  _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲.



More expressions:
ŸŸ   reading books (reading books)
ŸŸ   watching movies (watching movies)
ŸŸ   playing online games (playing online games)
ŸŸ   playing sports (playing sports)
ŸŸ   listening to music (listening to music)
ŸŸ   shopping (shopping)

Alternatively, you can also say: I like _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲. (I like _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲.)




Answer with these sentences to your teacherʼ’s questions.

1) My hobby is _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲. (reading books)

2)   My hobby is _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲. (playing online games)

3)   My hobby is _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲. (watching movies)

4)   My hobby is _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲. (listening to music)

5) I like _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲.   (shopping)

6) I like _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲. ((playing) sports)

7) I like _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲.  (singing)

8) I like _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲. (playing soccer)


Step 3 ( Step 3 )




When you talk about the movie you like you say: My favorite movie is _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲.
(My favorite movie is _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲.)
When you ask about someoneʼ’s favorite movie you say: What is your favorite movie? (What is your favorite movie?)



Teacher: My favorite movie is _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲. What is your favorite movie?

Teacher: My favorite movie is _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲. What is your favorite movie?

You: My favorite movie is _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲. You: My favorite movie is  _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲.

More expressions:
ŸŸ   favorite book (favorite book)
ŸŸ   favorite music (favorite music)
ŸŸ   favorite TV program (favorite TV program)
ŸŸ   favorite sport (favorite sport)
ŸŸ   favorite color (favorite color)
ŸŸ   favorite season (favorite season)




Answer with these sentences to your teacherʼ’s questions.

1) My favorite _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲ is _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲.

(My favorite music is _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲.)

2) My favorite _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲ is _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲.

(My favorite book is _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲.)

3) My favorite _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲ is _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲.

(My favorite sport is _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲.)

4) My favorite _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲ is _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲.

(My favorite color is _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲.)

5) My favorite _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲ is _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲.

(My favorite TV program is _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲.)

6) My favorite _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲ is _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲.

(My favorite season is _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲.)



Step 4 (Step 4 )



When you want to talk about why you are studying English you say: My purpose of
studying English is (to) _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲. (My purpose of studying English is (to)
_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲.)
When you ask someone why he/she is studying English you say: What is your purpose of studying English? (What is your purpose of studying English?)


Teacher: What is your purpose of studying English?
Teacher: What is your purpose of studying English?

You: My purpose of studying English is _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲. You: My purpose of studying English is _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲.



More expressions:
ŸŸ   to make friends with foreigners (to make friends with foreigners)
ŸŸ   to travel abroad (to travel abroad)
ŸŸ   to communicate with foreigners (to communicate with foreigners)
ŸŸ   to get a better job (to get a better job)
ŸŸ   to get promoted (to get promoted)
ŸŸ   to deal with foreign companies (to deal with foreign companies)
ŸŸ   to work abroad (to work abroad)


Alternatively, you can also say: I am studying English (to) _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲. (I am studying English (to) _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲.)




Answer with these sentences to your teacherʼ’s questions.

1)   My purpose of studying English is to _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲.

(My purpose of studying English is to communicate with foreigners.)

2)   My purpose of studying English is to _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲. (My purpose of studying English is to travel abroad.)

3)   My purpose of studying English is to _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲. (My purpose of studying English is to work abroad.)

4) I am studying English to _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲.
(I am studying English to make friends with foreigners.)

5) I am studying English to _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲.
(I am studying English to get promoted.)

6) I am studying English to _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲.
(I am studying English to deal with foreign companies.)

7) I am studying English to _̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲_̲.
(I am studying English to get a better job.)


Step 5 (Step 5 )



Introduce yourself again using the words and expressions that you have learned in
Lesson 01 and 02. After that, ask your teacher about his/her age, residence, hobbies, favorite movie etc.